This was my Original CTA button

Posted June 22, 2021 in
IMPACT+ HQ IMPACT+ HQ

Jimmy Beasley

Adversity cause some men to break, others to break records

Follow
Dear community,

My original CTA button for my website, before I changed it, Get a Free Quote.  I was using that for 3 to  6 months but nothing was happening. Then I changed it to what it is now. Should I keep what I have or is there something better?
User Profile

Tom DiScipio
Hey Jimmy Beasley - me again :)

I'd say the language in the new CTA is strong.

I think a next step could be to do one of two things:

1. Add more content to the calendar booking page with your picture, a description of what the person can expect as part of the assessment, and what next steps will look like afterwards. Here's a great example of a booking page.

2. Create an "in-between" landing page. In other words, after they click the CTA, have that link to a nice landing page with some written content (or even a video) describing what the person can expect from the assessment process. Here's a great example of a landing page.
Love  •  
1 1
4 Comments
Jimmy Beasley
Tom DiScipio  , New update just for you.  I did as promised at the beginning of this month. So first thing I have decided to go with option 1. Add more content to the calendar booking page. So I went to my Calendly account, and I upgraded my free basic package to be a Pro member ( monthly for $15) . Can you please assist me or at least help get me to get started on adding more content than the 3 I already have. I would appreciate it. 
Tom DiScipio
Hey Jimmy Beasley - So I just checked out Calendly's pricing page to review the Pro-level features, and it doesn't look like they allow you to customize the booking page much further than what you have on there already.

I don't think adding more options for meeting times will help. In fact, I'd recommend keeping it to only one meeting time. Less options to select means less friction for a potential buyer.

^With that being the case, it's looking more like "Option 2" would be the ideal route. Check out our landing page for inspiration. Note that we keep as much information above the fold as possible, we have a short video on there about what to expect, and we have a form to capture the prospect's information. Once the prospect completes the form, it then allows them to book a time on a calendar. This could be a great solution for you as well.
Jimmy Beasley
Tom DiScipio , Since things are getting a little out of hand.  I hate to backtrack and start over, but I have no choice. I am going to go back and create a checklist document more of a roadmap and type out what is "In Progress", "What to Work On Next" and "What Has Already Been Achieved".
Jimmy Beasley
@ Tom DiScipio  I can't share the documents. But I created a personal checklist. Then I created and customized a Security Audit checklist and I.T. Checklist.
Love  •  
1 1
Jimmy Beasley
Tom DiScipio , that is disappointing to hear, so I have to go back and cancel, I don't even know if calendly will give me refund or not. I have no idea on how to do option 2  and I will need help with that.  I have no idea in how option 2 will be able to inspire me. i would not even know on how to come up with a draft. 
Tom DiScipio
I know... it would've been great if they allowed that to be done. It's definitely worth asking them to see if they'll refund you.

Regarding option 2 inspiration, the best thing to do is to always look at great examples of landing pages and best practices you can apply to your own. This article from HubSpot should give you a big head start. It also links out to a guide on building and optimizing your landing page.

Also, given that your website is on Wordpress, here's a link to a few landing page creator plugins, some of which may be free. Ideally, this would give you the ability to make your own pages versus having to pay a developer to do so. 
Jimmy Beasley
Tom DiScipio  , I upgraded from basic to pro (on a monthly) plan. Do you have any other content events besides the three that I already have to my scheduling page. Like the ones you provided in the link?
Jimmy Beasley
Tom DiScipio , I keep going to my CTA button, since the one I have now been up for a while which is "Request a Free Assessment", nothing is happening. I understand and know you said the language is strong. But I figured something would have clicked. I really don't know if I should try option 1 or 2. Or change the CTA button again. What do you think honestly? Because I don't understand this.
Tom DiScipio
Apologies for the late reply here Jimmy Beasley ! Thanks for pinging me again.

So first, a question I think we'll need to answer before we can make an informed decision: Are you able to measure the number of clicks the button is getting each week or month?

^That would give us some insights on if visitors are actually interacting with the button. If the click rate is high, then visitors could be exiting the website on the calendly page for several reasons.

One of those reasons might be what I suggested before which was because there isn't a lot of content on that calendly page, it may not look credible or trustworthy enough for them to complete the process.

Here are some other thoughts I have for you that should be free (or very inexpensive to do):

1. Install Google Tag Manager so you can track your call-to-action button clicks. This sends data into Google Analytics as well so make sure you have them both installed. Both of those platforms are free to use.
  2. Use the free version of HubSpot to create a beautiful landing page for your free assessment page. On that landing page you can give users the option of booking a meeting on the spot or filling out a form. Using HubSpot will allow you to collect the information on the people that submit the form so you can follow up with them later. *Reminder: Make sure you're using Google Tag Manager for that "book a meeting" button so you can track the clicks.
  3. The "Free Guide" and "Request Your Free Assessment" call-to-action buttons are competing with one another because they're the same color and style. A simple thing we can do here is decide which one is the most important for a visitor to take action on. A possibility could be that because they're of equal weight, the visitor isn't clicking the one you want them to.
  4. Finally, the "Request Your Free Assessment" button color should be the same throughout your website so that visitors recognize that either the light green or blue button is the "transactional" call-to-action.

Let me know if any of this was helpful!
Jimmy Beasley
@ Tom DiScipio  , I already have managed to install the google tag manager, so that is done. I also have removed the " Free guide" CTA button which will be moved towards the bottom of the website. 
Love  •  
1 1
Jimmy Beasley
Tom DiScipio , First thing I am going to do is to take option 1. And upgrade my Calendly basic to pro this Friday since it is only $12/ per month and that is manageable for me. It has been over 6 months if not more since I have checked my google analytics to see if it is set up correctly and I don't even know if my google tag manager is installed as well. I will ask a freelancer from fiverr.com if they wouldn't mind checking for me and if not. Then I will pay them. I am confused on this part " 
  1. The "Free Guide" and "Request Your Free Assessment" call-to-action buttons are competing with one another because they're the same color and style. A simple thing we can do here is deciding which one is the most important for a visitor to take action on. A possibility could be that because they're of equal weight, the visitor isn't clicking the one you want them to.
  2. Finally, the "Request Your Free Assessment" button color should be the same throughout your website so that visitors recognize that either the light green or blue button is the "transactional" call-to-action.
Can you please elaborate and what should I do.

Jimmy Beasley
Tom DiScipio  , this is another update on the CTA button, as  I am always brainstorming, and if alright with you would like a second opinion. 1.) Get Free Estimates 2.) Let's Talk Solutions.
Jimmy Beasley
Tom DiScipio , you're fine, no need to apologize. To answer your first question 1.) I wouldn't know how to measure the number on my buttons for each week or month? 2.) I don't think I fully understand option 2. 
Tom DiScipio
Below are a few resources to check out related to those things that are explaining it much better than I can.

This was a helpful video around how to use Google Tag Manager to measure your button clicks.

And here's a wonderful article about landing pages in general. So, so many good tips in here.
Jimmy Beasley
Tom, I don't know which one to go with. I can't add more content to the calendar booking page because I would have to pay to upgrade my calendly basic package to pro. Secondly, I have no idea on how to create an "in-between"  landing page because my financial resources are highly limited. 
Jimmy Beasley
Tom. I love both of these ideas but I have no idea which one would be suited for mine because I don't have  the money to hire a professional videographer. 

More from this community