Juicy details for pillar page or blog post ?

Posted August 29, 2021 in
Content Content

Callum Harland

Helping visitors experience the magnificence of World Heritage Park Tongariro, NZ.

Hello from New Zealand !!

I'm on a mission to create a pillar page. My first attempt. The page will be an "ultimate guide" to help anyone wishing to hike the world famous Tongariro Alpine Crossing.

My question:

I will write a detailed description of the track itself. It will include geology, volcanology, vegetation, physical features etc. Do I include this in the pillar page or as a subtopic as a blog post?

How does one decide to include all the juicy details in the pillar page or as blog post

The search term Tongariro Alpine Crossing receives 15,000 searches per month. Then there's weather, shuttles and map which receive around 5,000 searches collectively. After these key words the monthly search volume drops off significantly.

I've completed Liz's excellent course on pillar pages as well as Hubspot's course by Justin Champion.

Thanks so much in advance for any advice !!

Best regards, Callum
1 1 2
11 Comments
User Profile

Connor DeLaney
Liz Moorehead   Kevin Church   Jennifer Barrell   Lex Russell what recommendations would you make for  Callum Harland

While I'm no expert here, I think having those smaller search volumes actually is extremely valuable here because they are likely longer-tail search queries that while they won't get a ton of hits, they'll get a lot of very qualified traffic for you. Do you have any examples of those that drop off?
Love  •  
1 1
1 Comment
Callum Harland
Also here's a few search terms which come in after the most popular key words: tongariro crossing distance 170, tongariro crossing booking 140, tongariro crossing time 140, tongariro crossing walk 140, tongariro crossing car park 140, tongariro crossing transport 110, tongariro crossing package 110, tongariro crossing parking 90, tongariro crossing length 90, tongariro crossing guide 90, tongariro crossing elevation 90, tongariro crossing shuttle from Taupo 70
Love  •  
1 1
Callum Harland
Thanks Connor ! Thanks for tagging the above people in here. Nick and Kevin have helped out, so now have a good feel for it. 
Love  •  
1 1
Connor DeLaney
Happy to hear it my friend!
Love  •  
1 1

More from this community