Content Manager - Remote vs. Local
Part-time (20 +/- hours per week)
Would have to be able to remote into our weekly marketing team meetings
I'm one of the account managers over here at IMPACT 🙌🏻
We have a handful of clients with remote content managers, and it works out well for them. 🎉
Here are a couple of pros:
- The pool of people is MUCH bigger to pull from, so this increases the likeliness of getting the best talent.
- Sometimes it's easier to pop a meeting on the calendar via zoom with SMEs than it is to get them to commit to meeting in person.
- Some of our clients have found that it's easier for their content managers to be remote because they are able to focus in their own apace instead of getting distracted with other tasks/socialization in the office.
Here are some cons:
- With them not being in person its hard to feel connected to them and build a relationship with them (but that is easily fixable with scheduled trips to meet in person).
- If you need to do an in-person meeting, they may not be able to make that.
- If the person you hire gets easily distracted being out of the office setting might be a struggle for them. (lack of structure and support - some people thrive in remote work some people struggle). If you hire a remote person, they need to be disciplined enough to get work done.
Brandon Ruffner Wow, I absolutely love your idea! I'm the Marketing Manager at our swimming pool construction company and I'm definitely passing your post over to my Content Manager. We've been working on organization and prioritization in order to improve the efficiency of our content strategy and would love to collaborate with like-minded folks like you. My email is email@example.com, feel free to shoot me a message and we can set something up! 😁
Hey Chris Greene , long time no see! Check out this course from Liz, then head to the resources section, there are a number of job description templates, resources, etc that should help!
Connor DeLaney Gosh this is such a great conversation. In Zoe's case, our brand is still relatively new, so we really want to position ourselves as a helpful guide. We see offering free, targeted resources — in addition to our blogs — as a great way to cultivate that relationship and be seen as a trusted resource.That said, we're just getting more downloadable PDFs off the ground — and, of course, LOTS of other marketing companies are already doing this, so we have some heavy competition! Time and testing will tell how successful we are. Since we're heavily focused on the education approach, though, that makes it a good match for us.
Bomber jackets are a classic piece of outerwear that can be worn for any occasion. They are stylish, versatile, and comfortable, making them a must-have for any wardrobe.
Sam Roettgen Excellent, feel free to reach out with anything else you need in another post 🥳 We have many members that benefit from questions that are asked 🙌🏻. We appreciate you! 🙏🏻
Does this help alleviate some of your concerns and give you some direction?