Book Recommendations

Posted April 2, 2021 in
IMPACT+ (All members) IMPACT+ (All members)

Kaitlyn Pintarich

Follow
Happy Q2 friends! I've made it a goal in 2021 to read at least 4 books per month, and am making my list of recommended reads for Q2. Does anyone have a great book that they loved, either personal or professional development, or something similar that you'd recommend adding to my list?
4 1 5
9 Comments
User Profile

Eric Rieger
The Miracle Equation - Hal Elrod
The Infinite Game - Simon Sinek
Outliers - Malcolm Gladwell
Greenlights - Matthew McConaughey (get the Audible version of this one for sure) 
Kaitlyn Pintarich
Great recommendations! I have read Outliers, and I did listen to Greenlights on Audible. He was a great narrator! 
Kaitlyn Petro
Such an awesome goal, Kaitlyn Pintarich !

I read The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Achor last year, and I plan to re-read it again this year. Based on his own research, he talks about seven psychological principles that help lead people to greater success and fulfillment in work and life. Highly recommended!
Kaitlyn Pintarich
Awesome, I'll check that one out! Thanks!
David Little
Hey Kaitlyn Pintarich , thank you for starting this thread!

Here is the book I recommend to everyone every time.
  • Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win - This was written by Jock Willink, a former commanding officer in the Navy Seals. He talks about how to lead a team in all circumstances and that when your team wins, it's because of the team, and if they lose it is because of bad leadership. This has helped me a lot, I now view all team problems as my problem and take ownership. Not easy. But it's a must.

Kaitlyn Pintarich
Thanks David! I have a friend that is obsessed with Jocko. I believe he has a podcast also. I'll check this one out. Reminds me of the David Goggins book I listened to on Audible.
Connor DeLaney
I just added this to my list the other day! Excited to read it soon :) 
Connor DeLaney
Book recommendations all the way Kaitlyn Pintarich !

Mindset: The New Psychology of Success - By Dr. Carol Dweck -  Absolutely LOVE this book. It can be a little scientific (or should I say "dry") at points, however, the focus on Growth Mindset is great since she created the concept!

Energy Leadership: Transforming Your Workplace and Your Life from the Core - By Bruce D. Schneider - This book is a sleeper pick that I really enjoyed a while back and revisited last year. Anecdotal (similar to Five Dysfunctions of a Team) and really set the tone for how I show up to work each day. Highly recommend. 
Kaitlyn Pintarich
Thanks Connor! We actually read Mindset as a team years ago and it was great. Maybe I'll have to revisit it! I'll check the other one out also!

More from this community