Why We are an Educational Company In a Sales World

Posted September 8, 2021 in
IMPACT+ HQ IMPACT+ HQ
Growing up I was the only kid in class that failed every single accelerated reader test.
In the seventh grade, I was pulled out of English class because I was holding other kids back.
I scored so low on the ACT there were only two colleges that would give me conditional acceptance.
I never saw another English book until college. That was when I failed college English 5 times.
Then about 15 years later I ran across the book below. I am not a reader at all. 
One reason is that I have an undetermined brain tumor that can sometimes impact my vision.
The other reason is my ADHD really kicks in when I start reading.
However, I managed to read They Ask, You Answer not once but five times over the last few years.
I took the concepts of this book and started applying them one thing at a time over the last three years. 
Every day someone asks me how in the world did you do 1,000 flood educational videos in 1,000 days.
I always say I did one thing every day that scared the hell out of me which was making a video.
People say are you afraid of someone making fun of you? I say no because I hear the criticism almost every single day on YouTube.
I hear people call me a fool every day.
Then I hear people say your videos helped guide me during the worst times of my life after I had lost everything.
The book completely changed the vision of our company and it helps me focus every day on making sure that our company stays an educational company and not a sales organization.
Remember you may not be the most talented person in the world, you may not be the best-looking person in the world, and like me, you might be the most uncreative person in the world.
However, what I've learned was having a learning disability is if you work three times as hard as everybody else and you consistently do the small things then you can change the world.
One day when I'm gone that's what I want people to remember he had 1000 reasons to give up but it only took one reason to keep going.
13 13
8 Comments
User Profile

Connor DeLaney
1. Amazing accomplishment of 1,000 videos in 1,000 days,  Chris Greene . Not sure how you do it but WOW!

2. The title of this post is such a game changer. Being an education company that does flood insurance is such a different outlook but drives so much qualified traffic through content. This should go on a poster! 

More from this community