What's ONE thing you learned through the first two months of 2021 that you plan to apply for the rest of 2021?

Posted March 9, 2021 in
IMPACT+ (All members) IMPACT+ (All members)

Connor DeLaney

"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."

Follow
I know.. I know... 2021 feels like a blur already and the fact that we are in the second week of March is scary!

But have you taken the time to reflect on how things have gone through these first couple months of the year? I'm not typically someone to slow down and take the time to do so but I learned a lot in doing the simple exercise of thinking about it and learned a couple things: 

• When I stress, I don't do enough to listen to my body and take care of myself. I usually default to the "power through mindset" but see my work productivity, my energy, and my positivity all take a dip. 
  • The world and the market are forming new trends when it comes to events and membership based organizations. Earning the trust of someone's wallet has become more difficult and helping to educate and learn alongside buyers has never been more necessary to close a sale. 

What have you learned about yourself, your business, or the world as a whole that the community could benefit from hearing? 
5 5
3 Comments
User Profile

Stephany Scott
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original." I like this quote very much. It reminds me of a Lebron James quote 'You have to be able to accept failure to get better.' Risk is so important in a market this dynamic (volatile even) I'm learning to adapt to higher levels of risk. Risk of what? Failure, of course.
Connor DeLaney
LOVE that Lebron quote,  Stephany Scott ! I appreciate you sharing it. I always equate it to baseball, if you bat .300 you are an all-star, and yet that means you get out 7 out of 10 times! You're always going to fail more than you succeed, but if you keep pushing yourself you'll always find success :) 
Kaitlyn Pintarich
For me, its that I NEED to make time to exercise. I always have more energy during the week and my head feels clearer when I do. Also, I do some of my best work at night. Either at the computer or by verbally brainstorming or talking through things with my spouse. I need to shift my tasks around so that I can focus on my meaningful work during those times.

More from this community