Vidyard vs Vimeo

Posted August 3, 2021 in
HubSpot HubSpot
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone have any thoughts on Vidyard vs Vimeo? We are just starting our video journey and would probably start on basic plans for either. We don't like the Vidyard ad in the free version either. Hoping we don't have to have it if we pay for Pro. We just need a clean way for our sales team to send out videos to prospects, know if they at least started watching a video, and have the ability to trigger a workflow in HubSpot from that event.

Thanks!
2 2
9 Comments
User Profile

Nick Bennett
I'll second what  Connor DeLaney  said here. Vidyard is a video solution for sale and marketing. You get all the tracking and analytics you could possibly want. Vimeo may not be the most comparable option. In this case, I would compare Wisita and Vidyard.

With that said, I know you can fully remove all the Vidyard branding and customize the payer page when you sign up for Vidyard Teams (I think the same applies for Pro.) We use Vidyard and can vouch for the HubSpot integration. Not too sure what Wistia offers in that area. 

Based on your post I think the workflow trigger you're suggesting may be a lot more difficult to set up than anticipated. The integration is mostly designed for "marketing" videos. Meaning a video that sits on a webpage and doesn't change all that often. 

Every time a salesperson sends a video, they create a new video ID (Vidyard calls this a UUID) In order for the workflow to identify the video that was played, you would need to be added to the workflow enrollment criteria every single time the sales team creates a video... read: it's pretty much impossible to manage.

If you can provide more info on what you're specifically trying to accomplish I can help you find a way to make it happen.
Love  •  
2 2

More from this community