Self Selection Question

Posted August 28, 2021 in
IMPACT+ HQ IMPACT+ HQ
We are a piano lesson studio. And we have a quiz on our site as the main call to action. They take this quiz to see if they are ready for lessons. We email them their results and show them their results on the next screen.

With this email we nurture them and send them email spread out over the next month. 

On the thank you page we offer them a free intro lesson. 

My question is should I have this quiz be gated at the end and allow them to go through to the thank you page without  providing their email. 

Or is is smart to ask for their email so we can follow up?

2 2
11 Comments
User Profile

Mark Baratto
This may be longwinded, but bear with me Demitris Maddox

What we all deal with in the eCommerce world is turning the Cold to Warm to a sold customer. We all want to turn a cold customer right into a paying client, but that rarely happens. There is a trust issue when it comes to online that people lack, compared to in-person (which is why Cold to Sold works in retail when done right).

It sounds like what you are trying to do is warm up your audience and pre-qualify. Besides all of the awesome advice given so far, you could try listing out all the points you are trying to capture from the survey right on your website.

Think about it like, "The top 10 things you need to know before you are ready for lessons," and then list them all out. I think if at the bottom of this you had a form to fill out saying something like, "If you answered 'YES' for 5 out of 10 of the questions, then you ARE READY for lessons. Provide us your email and we'll send you a free lesson so you can get to know our teaching style and learn a little bit more of what you'd be in for by signing up."

I love your idea about giving them the lesson and taking them on a journey to get to know your business better by sending them emails with value. When doing an email sequence, always keep in mind the success that TV series does and lay them out like:  You have a problem, we have a solution (take this action), and here is another problem you may have.... stay tuned for the solution in our next email.

With all that, you can also try creating a "Lead Gen" ad in FB / Insta where you can test language and creative, with the call to action being to sign-up for your free lesson. The cost is inexpensive enough where you can test and see what language may work the best. With these types of ads, the person's name and email are already pre-populated, which makes signup conversion much better. You also never know, you may end up paying $0.30 per lead and then retarget/close them after the 3rd email.

I hope this helps!
Love  •  
1 1

More from this community