Hiring a Content Specialist in Hagerstown, Maryland
Are you a natural storyteller with exceptional writing skills? Do you enjoy breaking down complex topics into easy-to-understand content?
We’re looking for a content strategist to tell our story and teach business leaders about the latest technology trends and best practices. You’ll write about things like the cost of IT support services, hidden features of your office copier, and the latest cyberthreats facing businesses.
But here’s the cool part – you don’t need to be an expert in those topics to succeed in this role. We have plenty of technical experts on our team. Our ideal candidate is or wants to be an avid user of technology but is not an expert on how it works.
You’re an excellent fit for this role if you have a natural curiosity to research new topics, ask probing questions, and translate technical solutions and strategies into articles and possibly videos that non-technical business leaders find informative, relatable, and useful.
You’ll publish two to three 1,000-to-2,000-word articles or equivalent digital content each week in this role.
You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to video content creation. Past video experience is not required, but you should be interested in learning about video content marketing.
- Interview internal subject matter experts for content.
- Create engaging digital content, including blogs, white papers, long-format guides, webpages, email newsletters, social media posts, and more.
- Create email marketing campaigns, including newsletters, new product/service announcements, and critical security alert communication.
- Manage social media content and audience engagement.
- Assist Business Development Manager in identifying and prioritizing topics for future content.
- Communicate completed and upcoming content pieces with the sales team.
- Track traffic and conversion metrics and report on key performance indicators.
- Ensure all content consistently aligns with brand standards and voice.
- Assist in video content production.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write in a conversational tone while following standard rules of American English grammar.
- Natural curiosity, excellent listener, and exceptional interviewing skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently to meet long-term goals.
- Interest in learning and developing the nice-to-haves listed below.
- Basic understanding of AP Style.
- Experience working in a content management system, ideally WordPress and/or HubSpot CMS.
- Understanding of marketing automation platforms, ideally HubSpot Marketing Hub.
- Experience or interest in developing basic video content skills.
- Publish two to three 1,000- to 2,000- word articles or equivalent digital content weekly. Content may include but is not limited to articles, white papers, webpages, videos, infographics, landing pages, Ebooks, podcasts, press releases, and any suitable format that drives Innovative’s marketing objectives.
- Create and send at least one email newsletter campaign each month.
- All content matches Innovative’s brand standards, tone, and style.
- Content publishing follows a calendar of relevant pre-planned content topics that match the overall marketing strategy and quarterly priorities.
- Content performance KPIs are clear and consistently reported.
- The sales team is well equipped with content to support sales conversations.
Please reach out to me with questions. All candidates must apply, complete the screening questions, and upload a simple writing sample on ZipRecruiter. www.ziprecruiter.com
More from this community
Dan Wagner be sure to check this out if you're still looking :)
Are you sales-oriented with a marketing mind? Marketing-oriented with a sales mind? Let's talk! Check out our careers page to learn more about us, the role, and to apply!We are excited to announce an opportunity to join the Industrial Packaging Growth Team! We are looking for an energetic, focused individual to help grow our lead generation and revenue while maintaining a robust CRM/CMS Platform!Why Work at Industrial Packaging? Team: Work with a group of people that work together to achieve goals! Communication: Quick daily huddles to keep everyone focused on goals and any changes as needed. Celebration Events: Celebrating with our team and our families because we are proud of our people. Who doesn't like to celebrate that? Core Values: These aren't just on paper. We refer and live up to them every day: accountability! Humor: We are serious about business, but we can't take ourselves too seriously. A little fun makes for a great day! What You'll Do: Evaluate and maintain marketing databases and software, ensuring usability. Evaluate and select platforms for marketing campaigns, then implement and measure results. Work across teams to ensure qualified lead generation goals are met. Define and segment customers to determine appropriate outreach strategies. Create and update content and marketing campaigns. Build out product pages and website pages to drive lead generation Maintain a healthy email list Use external tools like SEMrush to fix website issues and improve website performance Maintain awareness of new updates and potential use cases with HubSpot or other CMS/CRM platform Review and maintain a lead scoring list for opportunities to connect with sales Work with account reps to maintain a healthy database and eliminate duplicate contact/company records. What Skills or Specialties Will Help You Succeed:These aren't required knowledge upfront, but you should be able to learn quickly to adapt! Email Marketing Lead Generation Competitive Analysis Sales A/B Testing Graphic Design and Adobe Products Customer Relationship Management (CRM) This is a non-supervisory role, but the ability to manage co-accountability is a must. Our Employee Benefits Include: Compensation based on experience: $28.40-$31.40/hr Medical insurance 401K retirement Plan/ 401K Match PTO Opportunity to work from home Dental insurance Vision insurance Long term Care Insurance LTD/STD/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance Life Insurance Aflac / Boston Mutual Insurance Flexible/Dependent Care Spending Plan Pet Insurance Student Loan Repayment Program
We are “America’s Largest” concrete leveler, with locations in fifty metropolitan areas across the country. We offer a unique solution to a problem that nearly every business or homeowner will have at one time or another: sunken concrete. Daily, we have customers use the word “wow” when they see their concrete lifted back in place.We are uniquely positioned to grow and prosper in a space that a great number of people don’t even know exists.A-1 has been in business for almost thirty years, but we are in the midst of a transformation. We want to become the best educators in our space–the most trusted voice. We want to be the “Kleenex” of Concrete Leveling and believe we are perfectly positioned to do so.Your role at A-1 will be nothing less than the key to achieving our success. We hope this idea excites you as much as it does us.If so, please click here to read the full job description and apply.
Are you open to me sharing your post? I can share it in my personal network in LinkedIn and FB, if you like?
Hi Everyone,I am currently seeking a copywriter with a healthcare or mental health background. We prefer someone in the New Haven/Shelton/Trumbull area. If you know someone, please let me know.
So, we're taking the TAYA plunge and hiring our first Content Creator (we implemented Story Brand last year and think this will compliment that nicely). We're in the IT field (Managed Service Provider), and I do want to keep the position local (hybrid, but some here). We're located in NE Ohio. Finding someone in the community hear interested in the position would be amazing, but I suspect unlikely.That said, I would appreciate feedback on hiring for the position. We're pretty good on content development (daily videos on LinkedIn, written 3 books, relatively frequent speaker, etc). And I've got a great if not small Sales and Marketing team.I've posted the position on Indeed and LinkedIn, and would appreciate any feedback (and if this blind squirrel found a nut, feel free to copy and reuse). We decided not to mention TAYA specifically because we didn't think enough local folks would "get it".Here's the link on Indeed. Again, feedback appreciated.https://indeedhi.re/3n6ZhhKThanks!Bob