Content Manager vs. Content Marketer

Posted February 4, 2022 in
IMPACT+ HQ IMPACT+ HQ
Ever since starting with They Ask, You Answer, and Impact+ I've been a little put off by the title "Content Manager". It seems to imply that the position would be managing other people. For us, we are about to try to hire a Content Manager, but I'm wondering if something like Content Marketer would be a better description since they won't be managing other people. Obviously, I want to use a title that people will understand when they see the job posting. What are your thoughts?
1 1
5 Comments
User Profile

Nika Hancock
My official title is Content CURATOR because I feel that it better represents what I do with regard to choosing content and then displaying it in an educational and pleasing way. It also kind of leaves things open-ended in reference to whether or not managing people is involved (and allows for that evolution if it is needed later) and leaves out the word marketing which I don't personally love since it feels too "salesy." I feel my job is to educate and inform while also having some control over deciding directions and what to present in the first place.  I picked the title myself so I'm a fan of it LOL. Not that it has any job posting universality but maybe it would catch someone's attention because it's different. Now that I think about it, perhaps I should trademark it. Ha ha -- just kidding -- maybe . . . not sure that helps you in any way but I just like to hear myself type so . . .
Love  •  
2 2
Nika Hancock
Side Note: The job posting title that was advertised for my position was Content Creator.  
Love  •  
1 1

More from this community