Advice to new content managers

Posted February 9, 2021 in
Content Content

Justine Timoteo

Director of Training Services, IMPACT

Follow
Hey all!

I'm writing an article that will provide actionable steps for new Content Managers to take within their first 90 days in order to set themselves up for success (and wow their boss!).

What advice would you give to someone stepping into the Content Manager role at a new company?

Let me know, thanks!! 

Please note: I will use answers within my article and cite your name, title and company 
2 2 4
23 Comments
User Profile

Mark Wilson
Come up with an editing regimen to hold yourself accountable. A second set of eyes is great, and tools like Grammarly help too. But ultimately, no one else is going to be responsible for the quality of your content. I do several "passes" on any piece of content. Some take seconds; others, minutes. But they each act like a checkbox:
  • Did I leave any sentences or thoughts incomplete?
  • If I scan quickly, is it obvious the text is broken up visually through pictures, videos, sidebars, bulleted lists, etc.?
  • Do the sub-heads (H2s) logically follow one another?
  • Do I explain any jargon or acronyms that are mentioned, particularly if someone else wrote the first draft?

As soon as you identify common struggles in your writing, they can be adapted into additional editing parameters.
Love  •  
10 10
John Becker
I love this,  Mark Wilson ! Quality takes time. 
Love  •  
1 1

More from this community